Have you tried Silicon Steam Cookers?
In the past 2 years, they have become increasingly popular in Japan and i thought since this blog is about cooking in Japan, its time I show a few recipes using them
Today i’ll show you a super easy microwave recipe for creamy potatoes and bacon!!
It takes like 10 mins to make them!! Even less time if you have already prepped your potatoes ages ago!
300g of diced potato
4 rashes of cooked bacon, cut into bits with a scissors
Pinch of Salt and Pepper [optional]
- i used frozen potatoes which i had diced and frozen ages ago.
- if you dont have any frozen potatoes, you can just use normal potatoes.
- you can cook the bacon in the microwave too. sandwich between 2 sheets of paper towel and microwave for a min on high.
- i used a packet white sauce to save time but if you dont have any, scroll to bottom of post for recipe.
What you’ll need to do
1. Using a silicon steam cooker, place the frozen or normal diced potatoes in a single layer.
Add pinch of salt and pepper over the top.
2. Pour white sauce over the potato and add bacon over the top.
3. Microwave covered [use the lid to your silicon cooker if there is one] on high [600W] for 10mins.
4. Be careful of the hot steam when you open the lid! Enjoy!!
I served it with some grilled herb chicken and simple salad for dinner.
Recipe for White Sauce
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
Add flour and stir until the butter and flour are well combined.
Pour in milk, stirring constantly as it thickens.
Add more milk depending on desired consistency.
Hope you try this out and let me know how it goes?
UPDATE: i found out a can of condensed soup works exactly the same way!!! try condensed mushroom soup!!