New month..new makeup..new..new..new!

UPDATE: if u are reading this post any time after June 2010. i already moved back home to Tokyo. I was only in Hong Kong for 6 months.

Welcome to MAY!
Yup hard to believe but its already MAY! Its been 4 months since i moved from Tokyo to Hong Kong.
Time really flies..its the 5th month of the year! we are almost halfway!
How has your year been so far? i hope its been going smoothly, if not, i hope the rest of it will go well!!

New month..new makeup?
Sometimes we need to break out of our usual habits and try something new.
Regular readers will know..i dont tend to be a singles eyeshadow sorta girl [i always buy palettes]
But as my hunt for diverse colors expands..i start to look at single eyeshadows as well…
ud06
Urban Decay in GASH and CHAINS
I recieved both of these ages ago in a swap with Miss Justine

And here’s the other urban decay single eyeshadow i unearthed from my stash…
ud07
“Acid Rain” from Urban Decay..a light green color

If we are going to talk about single eyeshadows in green tones..i gotta talk about this
ud01
MAC eyeshadow in “lucky green”

This was an extremely generous gift from Miss Mag from makeupstash.com during my last visit to Singapore.
ud05
The color is fabulous and extremely different. Miss Mag is a real MAC expert..she knows all about their colors and names and limited editions etc etc. She tells me this used to be from a previous limited edition collection [like 4 - 5 years ago] and recently became part of the permanent range. As such it also sells out quite often.

Here are swatches for those of you wondering
ud10
From left: MAC “Lucky Green”, Urban Decay “Acid Rain” , “CHAINS” and “GASH”
I did a look with these colors but it didnt really turn out in the pic [argh dont know why?] so i’ll have to do it again and take another pic. But u can see part of my look in the pic all the way at the bottom of the post.

New eyeshadow..new lipgloss! I also dug this out from my stash…
weekend08
I dont generally like lipgloss in squeeze tube but i am trying to use up things in my stash.

weekend10
The color is very unique. I tried my best to capture it but i couldnt. it looks pink or peach here but the real deal is far more beige-y with a hint of pink. Cant explain it sadly. Contain shea butter so its sorta like a lipbalm too!

And with the new month..i also went to the salon to change my hair color. However i dont think i was very successful. It came out looking a little lighter or a few tones lighter but essentially the same color hahahahaha

If you dye your hair often..like me..you should consider using hair treatment. Hair treatment is NOT hair conditioner.
When you use hair conditioner or leave in hair conditioner..you use it AFTER shampoo.
When you use hair treatment…you use it AFTER conditioner.

Hope this clears it up cos the last time i talked about using hair treatment..a few readers asked if it was hair conditioner.

As stated before..my fave is from LUX
weekend15
The one on the left is the one i buy in Japan and was my HG hair product of 2009. However i cant find it in Hong Kong [though they carry the shampoo and conditioner in the range] so when i was in Taiwan..i spotted the gray bottle on the right side. Uncertain if its the same thing but i bought it anyway and hoping for the best! XD will let guys know!

Oh i also tried looking for it in Singapore when i was there for work but couldnt find it so i bought this instead.
weekend30
The smell is very Dove XD. I havent used it long enough to tell u guys if its any good. I can tell you its not as good as my HG but its not total crap either. Full review soon!

And one’s always gotta do their hair mask! Going to be starting on this new one this month…
weekend31
I actually got this as a gift from Miss Meowie [who doesnt blog much anymore T-T] last year. I used this for the first time last night and my hair is sooo soft right now. The smell is very sweet and slightly overpowering though. It claims to have an anti-fade system so i am looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Since we are talking about hair..gotta show this gorgeous headband my Ne-san bought me..
weekend29

Since i started posting pics of my clothes purchases in the last two posts..i have quite a few of you ask that i continue to do so. I’m going to try but i cant promise anything XD
I dont usually shop at H&M cos the crowds are madness but i did buy a new skirt there recently
weekend04
Couldnt resist the gorgeous print!

Randomly but i also have a new bento bag with matching bottle holder. Both bags are actually insulated and lined with a reflective material for easy cleaning.
weekend07
These are from Mono Comme Ca and from Japan.

Gotta have cute bentos to go in it..and how cute is this little pancake/omelette pan?
weekend01
I bought this in my local supermarket for HKD$9 [USD$1.20?] !!!
Cant wait to try it out! i have a mini collection of kitchenware [bowls, utensils, mats etc] with pigs on it XD

And since i cant sew lately..due to lack of a sewing table..my diy side is itching to try something new.
Picked this book up in Taiwan
weekend19

Comes with a little kit [ok actually this is what i bought the mag for...]
weekend20

The book is in mandarin but it doesnt matter..the step by step pics are self explanatory.
weekend22
Cant wait to try it out.

I also came across these whilst unpacking the mag above. I totally forgot about them!
weekend24
These were meant for the giveaway i am hosting soon but uh..the husband spotted these and has already eaten one of them XD

We all know my posts are random so i am not going to explain why i am even talking about this XD
fg01
Bought this in Sham Shui Po over the weekend

Requires 3 AA batteries. Write on it with a flourescent pen..like a highlighter and turn the switch on! Note: you can clean the message off with a tissue or something.
fg02
Oh yes. It glows in the dark and you can write messages on it. We all know what Yumeko is bringing to the next fangirl event she is attending..yes?

Edit: Because a few of you asked me how my hair color looks like…
myhair
I told the girl at the salon i wanted an ashy brown color but this is way more red to me XD
Guess i have to keep looking for that perfect salon here in Hong Kong [its hard to find a new salon in a new country to one's liking]

Hope everyone is doing well!

p.s Ft island has put out a new japanese single and i am loving it!

Flower Rock by Ft Island

This entry was posted in clothes, daily life, diy, food, makeup, review, tezukuri, zakka and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

74 Responses to New month..new makeup..new..new..new!

1. Lulu says:

omggg so many super adorable stuff! that flurescent message board is super neat! I can’t wait to see what you create with felt! The pancake/omelette pan is super adorable too, I am a sucker for cute kitchenware! I also tend to reach for palettes more than the single shadows, I think I need to figure out a better storage solution for my single shadows so I can see them all laid out and I can grab them easier.

2. Vivi says:

ahhh that lucky green is gorgeous! I don’t know if i could pull it off, but you look good with it in the last pic! I’ve been dying my hair brown for the last 2 years and it’s killing my hair. I really need to get a good treatment because my hair is as dry as a desert. :(. What is your usual hair routine? Your hair looks really nice!

i think green shadow looks awesome with brown hair. u should try it!!
      i shampoo and condition my hair daily [i know some ppl say its bad but i cant stand not washing my hair daily]
      i also use the lux treatment in my hair twice to 3 times a week depending on if i remember
      and i try to do a hair mask once a month. [try being the operative word XD]

oh and i never blowdry my hair XD

WOW what a long fun post, hahahaa. love the omelette pan :D and WOW that mac color looks great! can’t wait to see your EOTD. and i think your hair looks pretty :D i don’t think i could ever pull off that light color but it looks great on you (:

4. Ana says:

Im totally having haul envy right now! i want that omlette pan *_* i wonder if it actually comes out with that design ! xD so cuute..

5. danielle says:

hey!! ive got that hair masque stuff too, the sulfate free one. it works ok for me, hopefully it works better for you! i didnt feel that big a difference in softness, but my hair smelled minty. the husband thought it smelled really good n it fades. plus it gave me the tingly feeling like tea tree, i think thats the mint at work there. can’t wait for your next trip to japan!!!

next time? i havent gone back to japan since i moved XD heehee i should go back soon but got somethings going on so my schedule isnt confirmed
      but yes we gotta hang out

i dont like the smell of the hair mask..too sweet for me XD

6. innerchild says:

I love your hair color! Must be my monitor but it doesn’t seem to have much red, but I think it looks lovely though! Like those girls in Vivi and Popteen, so cute! x3 I wanted to have my hair ash brown but it’s too much maintenance for a lazy bum like me! :D

7. Hannah says:

GAH! omg, i want that board!! so cool. and i still like the color of your hair even if you’re not satisfied with it. looks great! ( :

8. evie says:

have not been leaving a reply since exams!XD gomennasai!!

ooh you should bling the board too! hehe more eye catching = easier to be spotted by the stars! hehheh
    i’m oso trying to clear up the things that i bought to have another round of buying again!but is not really success
    looking forward to the hair pdts reviews! pig pan!<3
    oooh new song! i'm so out now on these new singles..need to catchup!

9. Anastacia says:

The eye shadows looks just awesome! ahahha~ so cute pancake/omelette pan

10. wuzzyangel says:

FT ISLAND!!!!!!!! LOL at the wigs right?! But ah.. My Minhwan is getting more handsome!! And Jaejin is starting to look more mature.

Cute omelette pan! And whooo dollies from Yume again! Can’t wait to see what you’re gonna try out! :)

That board is super cool! Reminds me of a restaurant type board. Once again loving the hair color!

11. diane says:

yumeko! I love the hair color. That bento pan is so cute!

12. Nicole says:

Yumeko! Haha it’s been a while since I commented here, since I always contact you via Twitter. However, I always look at your blog posts and they really give me a good idea on what to buy when I go out and whatnot :)

I am loving the H&M skirt :3 Also, I’m wondering, what’s the color of your hair? Like, does it have a specific name? Or do you know the specific dye used for it? I’d also like to know your skin colour, if it’s an NCsomething or NWsomething XP I’m planning to dye my hair soon, and I’d like to try out lighter shades for my hair, so yeah :)

i dont think my hair color has a name, its odd cos ppl always ask me this but i always dye it at a salon and i never seen there being names before.
      all i see is a color chart with hair samples on it and i say which one i want
      its supposed to be the 2nd color on the color chart for the ashbrown colors but as u can see..it didnt turn out ash brown at all hahaha

dye wise..definetely no clue what they used..they sorta take it out in a plastic bowl so i assume its already mixed in the backroom and got no clue what is it.

my skin color is NC20. ^^

Oooooh, Lucky Green is sooooo pretty!!

Love the headband!! I actually really like your new haircolor though I can’t really remember what it was before lol. Your hair looks really shiny and healthy too! I also totally want to go to H&M to see if I can find that skirt now because the print is soooo cute!

And OMG I LOVE THAT MESSAGE BOARD!! HOW CUUUUUTE!!!! :D :D :D :D

& lmao @ your DH. My SO would have done the same thing hahahaha. :D

haha men! always eating our snacks! i dont eat chocolate so he assumed i bought it for him. he was like “well u arent going to eat it anyway”

14. etherealprey says:

wow! love your hair color! tell us how the hair masks work out for you! I’m nosy!

15. annie says:

LOL at the pig pan!! would be fun to eat from a shape like that!
    i found conditioner makes me shed my hair too much so i only use it every 2nd day and i alternate with hair treatment as conditioner! makes it feel nice and smooth :)
    have you tried the japanese tsubaki treatment? the one in the yellow tub? thats really good too~

ah oshima tsubaki? i did a review for them over a year ago heehee XD i dont like it as much as this sadly.

16. Chomfifi says:

i like color eyeshadow too but not all colors compliment my skin :P

ooo~ i love lux products!

and your bento bag holders are soo cute!

Those eyeshadow color are so beautiful!
    I’m still searching for a good hair product right now.
    you always got so much cute stuffs :D

shampoo or conditioner? or hair mask? or treatment?
      i do like the tsubaki range by shiseido too ^^

18. Jen says:

Hi, Yumeko -)
    How much did you get the florescent board for? Do you know whether can I get it online? I’ve been wanting that for sooo long =P

i cant remember right now as the husband bought other things at the store. [the place is like a flea market and the more u buy. the better the discount] but i would say around USD$10? the smaller one is USD$6 i think. something like that..really cant remember

sorry i dont think i ever seen it online before cos i wanted something similar for ages too

19. fwy says:

Loreal has just launched a Total Repair Night Essence (non-rinse formula). This is supposed to be use overnight. I got a sample pack just now. I will try it out tonight. Will keep you updated.

ooh that sounds really good! i like the whole overnight idea!
      hair treatment is left overnight as well [u dont rinse it out] but i am curious to know how u go! lemme know ^^

• fwy says:

I tried it on Monday. Bascially, my hair is rather soft & smooth. I do not see much difference the next day. I believed this product is more for those with damage hair.

i think i only have 3 single eyeshadows in my collection now hahaha! lucky green is so beautiful! you made me want to try it! :)

everything looks kawaii yumeko! especially that pig pan! that would be a good appetite buster (imagine eating a pig faced omelette saying if u eat a lot u will become a pig too) hahaha am i too weird? my imagination is crazy. hmm. x_x

how cool is that fluo board! what a great find! :)

i wash my hair everyday too! with the humidity we have here, its really hard not to. :) i also TRY to use deep conditioning treatments but i often forget. :D

I loove the hair! And I’m so glad I didn’t pick up Acid Rain for you as I couldn’t find a non-shattered one… what I can see of the EOTD looks lovely – I’ve been into bronze and golds lately but I need to go back to brights for a little while I think :)

The headband is so gorgeous – I actually find that some of the headbands I got on GMarket ages ago now have lookalikes at Forever 21… but nothing as pretty as what your ne-san bought you! I need to go ‘shopping’ as well again.

The craft looks so cute – can’t wait to see how your projects goes!

The glow in the dark board is awesome!

Hope you feel healthy soon!

22. Violet says:

Oh the felting book looks so cute! I love the fluro writing board too, you’re right it would be so useful for meet ups. I bleach my hair often too and I’m always looking for hair treatments, I’ll have to keep and eye out for the ones you mentioned!

23. Olive says:

That MAC shadow is gorgeous!! I’m *green* with envy lol….
    Btw I’ve been using the Ever Pure mask forever now and I love it, I actually like the smell but I understand how some might find it to be overwhelming. Your hair looks fantastic, I actually like the red undertones ;)

24. Jean says:

I like your hair colour =)(don’t to worries,it doesn’t look too red to me,maybe it just the beginning,after a few days,it’ll slowly fades to a more natural colour XD

25. Nancy says:

I liked this whole post!! The fluorescent board is so cool!!!! I like the UD Acid rain and chains colors! They need cute pans like that in the US… ahhh Asia.

Your hair is so pretty. I don’t know how to pull off light colors like that.

26. Silkybow says:

wow… what you always show us is so amazing that I can’t even fit it all into a comment… but the thing that really caught my eye is the green mac eyeshadow, the pretty headband and that cute kitchen utensil!!!! <3

27. purankui says:

I was always wondering about the Lux line, but I’m sooooo happy with my ma cherie /tsubaki stuff that I’m afraid of switching lol.
    Your current hair color is very pretty even though not what you wanted :) It’s always hard to find a new saloon that suits oneself when you move :(

i think the shiseido tsubaki line is good too. i used to use it but i like trying new things heee

28. Yinnie says:

ooh Gash would be a great colour to wear with halloween makeup/ =)
    I’m loving the H&M Print, Can’t wait to see your bentos!

=) x

29. I love the new eye shadows, and yes, that Sulfite free hair conditioner is good. Try Kerastase hair products…they are the best at keeping your hair colour from fading, and provide great UV protection.

BTW, the only way to get the red out it to use BLEACH! Good luck finding the right hair colour!

i am pretty sure they used bleach XD my original hair is extremely black…i think to get it this light requires bleach
      and i can smell the bleach too hahahah

30. roxy says:

nice post! i love the variety of stuff you can get in asia

the knitting book looks cool. I’ve been trying to find a decent japanese polymer clay book here for ages and it’s impossible.

roxy

31. kickangel says:

OMG. I want one of those fluorescent thing to bring to concerts! O.O I shall hunt around for it.

32. Miruku says:

That info about hair treatment is very interesting. I have been bleaching my hair recently and was worried about how to take care of it. I’m gonna try that Lux product!

33. Chung says:

Gash is such a gorgeous colour!! I really love it. It would look fab worked into a smokey eye or a more gothic look. I might have to pick it up sometime… :D

& your florescent board is super neat.

34. ? Cookiie says:

Aww that pan is soo cute, you should show us pictures if you succeeded making omelettes/pancakes in it. :D I’m planning to cut my hair in Hong Kong as well, so please let us know if you found a good salon ~ Most of them are a lot better than the ones in Holland though, so I’m not too demanding haha.

wow, I love this green eyeshadow, so metallic-y ! And your hair doesn’t seem too reddish, it’s more on the blonde side to me. But maybe it’s the camera ^-^

36. Jess says:

Oh, so many adorable new stuff! Who doesn’t love to get new stuff, huh? ;)
    Wow, I’m totally in love with Urban Decay ‘Acid Rain’ and ‘CHAINS’. These are totally the sort of colors I’d reach for everyday I think… too bad, Austria doesn’t have Urban Decay, argh!

Well, gotta find someone from the US to CP for me now, haha… :p

37. MAC lucky green eyeshadow is so beautiful!! i wanna buy now :P
    and piggy frying pan?! i <3
    fantastic haul :] x

38. Maggie says:

Oooh, the eyeshadows are so pretty! Especially Lucky Green~
    I love the skirt you got, the print is gorgeous!
    The piggy bento pancake/omelet maker is so cute! I love pig motifs~
    The light thingy is so cute! I’ve never seen anything like it before o___O
    And pshh, I think your hair looks fabulous! :)

39. Linda says:

Whoa! That message board is really awesome!

So much new stuff =) The eyeshadows are really pretty! When I saw the skirt though, I actually gasped aloud. I have that skirt too! In fact I am wearing it right now!!! I also found out that my flatmate also has the dress version of it, although it was a complete coincidence! Wow.. xD Well, it’s a nice skirt!

And your hair colour looks fab! It’s a good thing you didn’t move to a european country or something, otherwise you’d be having a lot more trouble with your hair! Asian hairdressers are harder to find, and more dear as well. I haven’t seen a hair treatment by Lux either in Shanghai…I’ll have a look out for that silver bottle the next time. At the moment I am using Aussie’s 3 minute miracle hair treamtment, which is amazing! And I’m following up with Aussie’s leave in conditioner. Altogether, my hair is in much better shape, even have digital perming =) Aussie shampoo however made my scalp itch, but the conditioner is fine!

oh yes i know exactly what u mean
      when i lived in usa or australia, i didnt dye my hair. esp in usa. i just left it black constantly XD
      i didnt even cut my hair in the country and only did it when i travelled back to japan for holiday

i have a small bottle of the aussie 3 min miracle hair treatment [i bought it when in uk last year] but havent tried it
      will try it out!

41. blue says:

I always like everything you haul! I’m really into prints now too, you’re making want to go shopping again…

42. I think your haircolor looks great on you. and omg I love your headband! a lot! I don’t think I can pull stuff like that off but I still think it looks supercutee. I think palettes are so much handier, but I also have certain individual shadows that I always carry with me. It would be a lot handier if they came in palettes, but they’re good colors so I don’t mind. That MAC shadow is such a pretty green, please do a look with it! Oh, almost forgot to mention the best part of this entire post. LOVE that omelette/pancake pan. I made mickey mouse green onion pancakes once :) but this is much more awesome

do you think u would depot ur singles? this is something that a lot of ppl asked me since i mentioned i was buying more singles shadows.
      sometimes i think it would be a good idea cos i might use it more
      but i am sucker for the packaging and would be sad to depot and throw the original packaging away.

• nope, I have to say I definitely would not. Even if it made carrying them more convenient, I’m the same with you for packaging. I even keep the cardboard boxes things come in! lol no idea why sometimes

43. makeupmag says:

Aww! What beautiful colours this post has! I love how rich and gorgeous Lucky Green looks on your skin! And it suits the hair so well. :):)

44. Meowie says:

Hello Yumeko!

It’s Meowie! haha
    glad you remember me!
    although i do not blog much anymore, i frequently read your blog!

xoxo

i do rememeber u! i miss u!! hope u are doing well
      sometimes i see u on msn but i am not sure if u are there

45. Ser says:

Always love yr blog! but first time commenting. Hi hi!
    hahahaha

anyway i cant find the Lux either in singapore either!!!
    is there any websites that sell it?

im so jealous japanese always have crazy-pretty hair!!! haha!

for some reason i would think they sell lux in singapore but yes i couldnt find it either!
      sadly i dont know any websites that sell it T-T

46. Tammy says:

WOW..lucky green is a beautiful color. I think your hair looks very pretty this color. =)

47. superwoolu says:

oh that pancake/omlette pan is so cute!! i’ve been trying to find something similar like that because then cooking will be so much more fun :p

48. giang says:

that hello kitty board and pancake pan are so innovative and darling!! i wish i lived where you live!

49. jewes says:

the piggy pan is soooooooo cute!

50. Oct says:

what a super cute message board. since we’re on the topic of fangirls…have you listened to this song by 2PM?

it’s my song of the week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_3uaTm1RVw. ;D

sadly i have opted to no longer follow 2pm news. dont get me wrong, i am not an anti. i just opted not to follow all the drama XD

51. mayaari says:

that’s such a cute message board! the h&m skirt is really cute :) is that kit for making felt dolls/toys?