MUJI SoyMilk pudding

Do you like MUJI?
Its a japanese brand that makes virtually everything u need at home, from haberdashery, cutlery, furniture to clothes, luggage and even makeup.

i simply adore it. The simplistic packaging and approach to everyday life. The husband doesn’t like it as much though..but he does seem to have a soft spot for the food there XD

Spotted this in the store recently..think its a new release. Part of the dessert for summer range

SoyMilk pudding Set
Price: 189yen [About USD$2]

Here are the contents
Untitled
Soymilk pudding
Kurozato syrup [black sugar syrup]
Kinako powder [soybean flour..kinda tastes like peanut sometimes]

In a bowl [yes u just dump everything in a bowl]
Untitled
Verdict?
I REALLY like it.
I wish the soy milk pudding was a bit more solid though. i think it got really mushed around in transit and was a little like..well..baby food but doesn’t matter..it still tastes good to me. Not sweet with a strong soy milk taste. Think unsweeted soy milk but uh in a pudding form. Not recommended for those who dislike soy milk of course.

Other things i picked up in MUJI
Untitled
Abekawa Mochi Kit
[Also a new release..part of the summer dessert range which are 100kcal only]

Certainly not 100kcal only….
Untitled
Morioka JaJa noodle
Not quite the same as chinese or korean version

So you might be thinking..what is the point of this post?
Well for one..i am testing out blogging with just my ipad and iphone.
Why? Cos i am going on a work trip this Thursday and i want to make sure i can still blog XD

Hope everyone is doing well
XOXO
Yumeko

This entry was posted in daily life, food and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to MUJI SoyMilk pudding

1. Feli says:

Yay Im in Singapore for once when you’ll be here!!! :D :D :D It’s been generally gross and hot or gross and rainy-floody but nothing out of the ordinary!! We need to meet up!!! <3

Okay I just goggle MUJI after we chatted. I have seen this store in Hong Kong before (無印良品). I love their food and everything else in the store. The tofu pudding looks so good and so convenient. that’s one of my favorite desert. Omg this post is making me hungry hahaha it’s almost midnight here, must not eat before bed. yay for blogging on ipad babes:) have a safe trip!

Yumeko! i just got back from singapore, its humid there…it rains in the morning then clears up at noon :) There is a fragrance sale at Isetan Scotts 3rd floor promotion hall up to 80% off perfumes and Paul & Joe cosmetics. I went there yesterday and saw some eye shadows, lip/eye liners, dual powder foundies, nail lacquers and two shades of lippies hahaha not much excitement there. but i got some perfumes. Marc By Marc Jacobs Isetan Scotts is also on sale 50% off on all bags and shoes excluding new collection of course :)

i hope this helps a bit :)

have fun and take care on our trip! bring an umbrella! ;)

4. annie says:

Hihi!
    I love muji fooood!! Everytime I visit Japan I always need to eat the hachimitsu ume from Muji. You know the ones in the little bags?? They are soooo yummy!! The soy milk pudding looks delish too!! Hope they’re around next time I visit!!
    Your so lucky you travel all the time, and for work too!! Envious! :D

5. Don’t you just love the iPad??? I just got one so I can blog from the road too.

The pudding looks really yummy! I love pudding, I wish we have it here…
    Btw, I think I’ll be in Singapore around this weekend and next week too! :D

7. Violet says:

Oh the pudding looks really interesting, I’ve never tried soy pudding. How did you find blogging on the iPad? I really want one so I can blog more often without having to drag my laptop around ^_^

Have a nice trip !

I’m not a big fan of soya milk so i probably wouldn’t like this pudding, but I’d try these noodles any day :p

9. Pei Shan says:

Singapore’s weather is erratic now. Lots of rain and lots of humid and warm days. Make sure you bring an umbrella around at all times! Just last week we have flash floods in some areas due to heavy rain. (And it’s like…the third time in two months?) But when it rains (and after it rains)…the weather get real nice and cool. :) Have a nice trip!

10. Cynthia says:

Would head to muji tomorrow and see if they have the soybean pudding in Hong Kong yet. Love all things soy products, I am making my soy milk ice block at the moment with sweetened soy milk!!!!!

11. Terry says:

super erratic weather in singapore now. sudden downpours and flash floods. the weather might start off quite warm and sunny, but might rain anytime, so do bring a cardigan or shawl and an umbrella =]

woo!! Welcome to Singapore!! :D
    The weather is ever-changing right now!!! alternating between rainy and super sunny!! yes!! extreme like that!! :(( *irritating*

i love muji!! their organizer stuffs and those little cake!! should check this soymilk pudding if i go down!! hope they have it here!! hehe :D

hope you enjoy your stay in Singapore!! :)))

13. ki says:

ohh nooo. i’m due to leave Singapore to Melbourne on the 21st! just a day before you come. What a waste, and I have always wanted to meet you. Oh wells. Anyway, Singapore is not too humid ( if compared to Japan n Indo )now, and the weather has been getting crazy, crazy , crazy. I’d say avoid living in Orchard, Bukit Timah area due to flash foods( man, it’s global warming I tell you. I have never seen such weather and rain in Singapore for the 7 years I lived here). In my humble opinion, nothing too good about the GSS. But there’s 20% Face shop sale and some promotion products. What else? What else? I think that’s about it..
    have fun

14. roxy says:

mmmm. the mochi kit looks really good! I’ve never been to singapore, but I heard the food there is amazing.

have tons of fun!

roxy

15. Have a great trip to singapore :) those pudding look fantastic!!! :)

16. its rainy in singapore….either that! or its too humid (>.<""") try not to wear any shoes that cost 'EXPENSIVE' to singapore now…HAHAHA! we have floods here and there…

Have Fun in Singapore!!!!! ヽ(^。^)ノ♥ *HUGS*

17. Winnie says:

I love Muji! I briefly mention my love for it in my latest post :)

In the UK they have only just begun to sell food…but I love visiting their stores in Hong Kong because the food selection is just so amazing!

18. ~Lisa says:

Muji sounds like an awesome brand! I would love to try it out! And the food looks delicious!!!

Have fun in Singapore!

19. elle says:

Ahh I’m sad I’ve never visited Muji! I will def try to find one once I’m in Japan in 2 months! :D :D

It’s so cool that they sell food too! XD

20. Anastacia says:

Yay! I like Soymilk pudding!
    Looks very yummy!

21. wuzzyangel says:

Ohh that looks good!! I love kinako!! MMmm…. See Japan has really good snack stuff! Not fair! And dang that pic quality of the new iPhone is really good! Ohh iPad! Hopefully you’ll be able to have fun in Singapore, even though it’s for work! :)

I’ll prob send you stuff out next week. I wanna check a few more things.

22. Katy says:

Ah the luxuries of living in Asia… I love soy milk but I wonder if I’ll be able to find it here.

Everything looks sooooo delicious!

24. Sheryl tan says:

There is this Singapore Garden Festival 2010 at suntec city. Unfortunately today will be the last day. Do dropby if you happen to popby. :)

cheers
    Sheryl

25. mmm the tofu looks very good. Have a safe flight!

26. Dolce Bunny says:

OMG! I miss Muji! I use to get all my stationaries from there! Its the best and so cheap! That Tonyuu purin looks yummmmmm…

27. molé says:

interesting, i just opened a carton of soy milk yesterday for the first time since i was a kid and remembered how good soy milk tasted :D the soy milk pudding set looks really good and easy to make. and lots of kinako <3

28. mona says:

and you make fun of me for eating at muji :P

safe travels girly!

29. Liliai says:

those look really good! :D

ps nice blog

30. Samantha says:

Wow that pudding looks yummy, I personally really like soy pudding but I usually eat mine with milk and brown sugar =P

31. fwy says:

Hey….I only saw your post today. There is a new shopping place at Orchard Road called ALT at The Heeren. However, I was there last week & there wasn’t really much to buy except some organic & spa brands that I never heard of (3rd level). The place has very low human traffic, therefore you can shop in peace. Genuine Cath Kidston products (although only a small range) are available at a shop called Tatty Marsh at Tanglin Mall on the 3rd level. I was there over the weekend & saw mainly Japanese ladies buying. I guess the prices are cheaper than Japan. Coach & CK Jeans are also having a sales at Isetan Scott branch until the end of July. Not sure what models/designs are for sale though.

32. Lynne says:

We had our first meal in Tokyo at Muji – so good. I had planned to go there because I’d read so much about it, and it was better than I thought it would be. I spent a lot of money there, such good quality.