Shizuoka Road Trip Part II + Oreo Cheesecake Recipe

So i know a few of you said you didnt want to see anymore travel posts..if you are one of them..feel free to skip this post. ^^ There will be makeup posts later this week <3

Halfway through my roadtrip [ie first night] i stayed at Shuzenji!
Shuzenji is about 3hrs drive from Tokyo [via expressway] You can get here by train [then bus] though ^^
shuzenji01
Walk upstream…

Keep going….
shuzenji04

See the gorgeous rotenburo? [open-air bath]
shuzenji08

There’s a legend surrounding this area but i am lazy to type it all out XD
shuzenji11

No its not one you soak your whole body in…just your feet!!!
shuzenji16

There’s another one by the side of the road [if u dont want to climb down the stairs]
shuzenji17
Beware of the onsen water..its VERY hot. The water is constantly running..this is not a pool/tub. They pump the water in and it runs out the other end constantly.

But the main attraction of Shuzenji..would be Shuzenji temple…
shuzenji07

Its very pretty.
shuzenji13

They have a gorgeous bamboo forest.
shuzenji14

It was about 36degrees C the day me and the husband went..so we went for a cool break after the photo taking..
shuzenji18
My lemon flavoured kakigori [shaved ice] + complimentary green tea!

Husband got strawberry with milk…
shuzenji19

I couldnt leave Shuzenji without picking up some steamed manju [buns]
shuzenji20
This store is abt 2 stores away from Shuzenji temple and is very famous for their black sesame buns.

shuzenji21
I bought a mixed box [brown ones are Onsen Manju and the Black ones are Goma Manju]

In case u were wondering..the husband and i inhaled the entire box of manju within one night whilst watching Tv in the hotel room XD Next up..ITO! <– yes i have almost finished posting about my road trip!!

In other news..those of you on twitter may know..i randomly found some oreo cookies in a convenience store recently and decided to make oreo cheesecake!
food05
A few of you asked me for the recipe so here it is! Its a variation on the oreo cheesecake recipe found on the KRAFT website.

NO BAKE Oreo Cheesecake
1 pkg. (1 lb. 2 oz.) OREO Cookies, divided
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
4 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
3/4 cup Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 cup soy milk
1 Tablespoon lemon juice

Whisk soymilk for about 5mins and gradually add the 2- 3 tablespoons of sugar, whisking well after each addition. Whisk in lemon juice gently. Refrigerate.

COARSELY chop 15 cookies. Finely crush remaining cookies; mix with butter. Press onto bottom of standard baking pan. Refrigerate.

BEAT cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Gently stir in soymilk mixture and chopped cookies. Spoon over crust.

REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until firm.

I hope u guys try it..its really good and tastes YUMMMYYYYY…..
food07

Whilst we are on the topic of food, i wanna thank Miss Catherine for helping me buy this from Williams & Sonoma!
food02
The husband is a huge Stars Wars fan XD

I’m off to Singapore again this weekend and will be there for a week!! Its going to be a very busy trip but hopefully i can see some of the country and do some shopping this time!! [Yah i know..i was just there for 2 weeks less than a month ago but i didnt get to do much then!!]

Will do one more blog post later this week! Till then, take care!

p.s BigBang has a new single out in Japan

Beautiful Hangover by Big Bang
At first i didnt like this song..but it grew on me and now..i really really like it XD

53 Responses to Shizuoka Road Trip Part II + Oreo Cheesecake Recipe

Shuzenji is such a beautiful place. your photos look like postcards:) shaved ice surely sounds fantastic during 36 degrees C 🙂 i will try the oreo cheesecake when i have time. it looks so yummy. have a safe trip to Singapore. hopefully you will have some free time for yourself<3

2. Maggie says:

The strawberry + milk shaved ice looks delish! Too bad there aren’t any good places to get it where I live. T___T And OMG the Oreo Cheesecake looks to die for! I was so excited for the recipe after looking at your twitpic of it. Haha, the star wars sandwich cutters are so cute! 😀

awww…if u find a ice shaver..i am sure u can make it easily ^^
      hope u try the cheesecake recipe!

3. *Kat* says:

The bamboo forest looks so beautiful and peaceful. I love shaved ice. We have one store here that has the best. Matsumoto’s is the most famous but Waiola’s is waaay better.

I love oreo cheesecake. I will have to copy and try this recipe. Thanks for sharing it!

*Kat*

4. Lisa says:

I really enjoy you travel posts. It’s a good way for us to learn more about Japan.

5. Iris says:

Hey, you’re coming our way again! Hope you have more time to enjoy the retail therapy here 🙂

6. *Kat* says:

I’m sorry, I forgot to add…have a good trip to Singapore. I’m assuming that you’re going for work again. If so, I hope that you do have some “me” time for yourself so that you can do some sightseeing and shopping.

*Kat*

7. Hika says:

Enjoy reading all your posts and decided to officially follow you =3 I love Japan, so many unique things ~ keep sharing them with us!

8. Lora says:

Oh goodness, I do love oreos. and cheesecake. I should try them together! :DDDD

9. It looks very peaceful there. I want to visit one day…and also eat those yummy sesame buns lol. omg that oreo cheesecake looks delicious and easy to make. will have to try that one day when I get home!

ooh I saw Beautiful Hangover when it came out. T.O.P.’s looking good xD I didn’t really like his sprayed on red/gray hair in their last mv

10. Ada says:

Shuzenji looks so peaceful and pretty! I wish I could visit too! :]
    And I hope I can try the cheesecake recipe sometime soon, it looks yummy!

rotenburo looks really nice! and thanks for the recipe! It looks really simple and yummy 😀
    LOL, I’m going to sg too on next week, but i’m just going to stay there for one day or two 🙂

12. Diane says:

The recipe looks amazing! 🙂 I’m definitely going to try it out!!!!! And Singapore’s weather is pretty hot now (with a few spots of rain here and there)

I love the travel posts <3. Shuzenji looks beautiful – I really wish we had visited more temples while I was in Japan!!

The shaved ice looks fantastic, but I think I am more partial to the strawberry milk ice… looks delicious! Shaved ice isn't very big in Calgary, so unless you make it at home, it's pretty impossible to get.

Will try the cheesecake this week – just need to bu the cream cheese!

14. rene says:

Looks yummm! I will try it out some day!
    Coming my country again! Haha. Welcome! Have fun here!

I really enjoy your travel posts- it looks so beautiful and green, I find it hard to imagine it hot!
    Enjoy Singapore 🙂

omg it was really really hot hahaha everyone was sweating like crazy
      but yes its very pretty and extra green when its hot here cos its very humid here

16. Vivien says:

The shaved ice looks really yummy! ^^
    Thanks for sharing the recipe, I must try making it over the holidays.

17. Lily says:

Wow, love the photos. The place looks amazing. : )

MANJU!

Ohmygosh I totally wanted to find a recipe for oreo cheesecake! : D I am definitely going to try it, haha.

18. nlngstar says:

Nice place for traveling….
    I’m sooo, soooo gonna try to make that orea cheese cake…
    thank u for the recipe…. ^ ^

19. Dolce Bunny says:

Love the scenery shots! They make me miss Japan so much!
    Kakigoori tabetaiiii! Maji oishisou 😀

Orea cheese cake looks so good! I will make it one day thank you for sharing!

20. Rae says:

Wow your trip looks amazing, I’m super jealous ^^ That place looks gorgeous! =) Ooh that cheesecake looks SO yummy! Getting hungry just looking at it XP

21. Chyakura says:

The cheesecake looks good. I never used soymilk in making cheesecake… is there a big difference?
    Also now you made me REALLY interested in the legend, must wiki it!

22. Tracy says:

Nice pictures!
    The kakigori looks so good for a hot summer break!
    Are the onsen manju plain, like without fillings?

23. Thank you for those pictures, it is truly a beautiful place!!! you have great photo skill, & that cheese cake looked so yummyyy!!! 🙂 thanks for the recipe must try it one day:)

Ohhh man! It’s still so hot in Japan!!

It’s about 16 degrees here in the UK. It’s absolutely freezing at night, like 10 degrees! Although I still wouldn’t mind having some shaved ice!! I do miss it over here.

Shuzenji looks beautiful though. Hope you had a lovely time over your roadtrip! we just had a bank holiday weekend, but unfortunately I haven’t been feeling too well so I didn’t go anywhere T___T I do wish I had though!

25. Tam says:

Nice trip! I wanna backpack across Japan someday!
    why is G Dragon dressed like Gok Wan? Cool single though

26. Anita says:

What a great trip!

Love your travel posts!
    I’ve used your posts as inspiration like what to see when I visited Kamakura! 🙂

27. gianger says:

i am going to try that recipe tomm!!!!! and please yume, marrrrry me!!! your hubby is one luckyyyyy man!

28. ~Lisa says:

I love these post! ^.^ Hope you’re having fun!

And I could really use some of those ice shaves! I’m sweating so much ATM.

And oh-em-gee!! That looks sooo yummy—and fattening. LOOL

29. Audrey says:

Dear Yumeko.. You might not know this but this post is like a message from heaven lol! XD I was frantically searching for an Oreo cake recipe. Then my subscription mail of your blog came and I was like ahhhhh finally a solution. THANKYOUTHANKYOU will try it sooonn ~

p.s I love your travel post too. Looking forward to any of your posts! 🙂

30. molé says:

i’d been waiting for this oreo cheesecake recipe :D:D i love that it’s made with soymilk instead of milk!! yay for awesome soymilk recipes!! will definitely try this.. just have to go and buy oreos lol

the bamboo forest is so beautiful! reminds me of all the chinese martial arts movies where they fight in a bamboo forest lol

31. abby says:

i love coming to your site seeing all the great places you’ve been to. makes me definitely want to get off my butt and do some traveling myself, well of course once my financial situation loosens up a bit, lol. great pictures and awesome treats. the cheesecake llooks delicious!

32. Katy says:

That bathhouse looks really cool… I wish they had those here.

Mmmm oreo cheesecake… I’d feel soo guilty eating it but it’d be so worth it!

33. Ly says:

Lovely travel pictures you got there! And mmmmm oreo cheesecake XD

Lol for some reason the first few pictures I screamed out AH IT’S LOOKS LIKE THE PLACE V6 WENT FOR THEIR 10TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL and then Inocchi had to leave … but then I realize it wasn’t the same place XD

34. Sofie says:

Dammit that oreo cheese cake looks so good! (so does the manju) If I wasn’t so lazy I would go and grab some oreos and make it… But I have no car whatsoever so another time…

And lovely photos! Looks like you had a super fun time! Great! I hope work goes easy on you and you don’t have to travel!
    -hugggs-

Gorgeous trip pictures! especially love the Bamboo Forest shot!! xD
    can’t wait to make the oreo cheesecake! gotta find time to get the ingredients thou >.<

hope ya have a wonderful trip in Singapore! :))

xoxo

36. evie says:

love lemons!!
    thanks for the recipe!! was talking to my friends about trying out some no bake cheesecake for them but dunno where to get the recipe thanks for posting this up! XD
    love these sight seing trips!! i wanna goo~~~
    hope you will enjoy hauling here! XD if there’s any good deals in sg must tell! XD have not been shopping for a while haha

i think your travel posts are so fun 😀 i don’t get to be there (at least not anytime soon) so it’s fun to travel “with” you!

38. Lynne says:

I love your travel posts 🙂

39. Julie says:

Take me with you, I can make guacamole! Do you remember those commercials?

Sorry I haven’t been around but count my vote as one who always enjoys your travel and about town posts.

Hope you and family are doing well!

my work blocked livejournal and i only started getting internet at home..i’ll try to log on soon cos i dont know whats going on lately with u
      hope u are doing ok!!

• Julie says:

Doing okay here, just adjusting to things being less stressful which is always good! Taking a couple classes right now, trying to get out and about more. I do have a couple blogs on blogspot I sometimes post stuff on too. That’s too bad about work but then there isn’t as much going on at LJ these days so they aren’t blocking out too much, lol!

40. Nat says:

I just love your travel posts. I would so love to visit Japan, it’s so pretty over there! Everywhere you look is like an attraction to me XD
    Got to try that recipe one time thanks for sharing!