Irori no Sato

I’m back! Did you miss me? Probably not, i wasnt gone that long haha
I’ve been really busy since i got back from my birthday celebrations and whilst i have tons of stories to share, i need to wait till i get pictures from everyone that attended them! So be patient please ^^!

In the meantime, i will tell you about my birthday lunch at Irori No Sato いろりの里
I first read about this place in a magazine and i have been dying to go ever since!
linori19
The entrance..doesnt look like much?

FYI , This place is in Saitama and is around 45mins drive from the main part of Tokyo ^^
If you dont drive, the owner says the nearest train station is Araijuku [about 4mins walk]

Walk a little more and you will find…
linori21
This is the front reception of the restaurant

I love the old fashion feel of this place
linori22
I find places like this have the most character and best stories to tell.
Not everything is best in a poshie place. XD

After ordering in the reception area, you will be leave the little reception room/house and enter another building

The building has two floors. For small parties/groups, you would probably be seated upstairs.
linori26

But since there were quite a few of us..so we were on the first floor heehee
linori12

Here is our private room!
linori09
This room has two doors. One of them is the entrance of the room and the other is the balcony..

Here’s the view of the balcony…
linori33
Oh yes..that is indeed TRAIN TRACKS…

Here’s comes the train!!
linori06

Isnt it cute?
linori05

Room 1 was full of kids and i could tell by their shrieks they were most excited with the train heheee
linori30

But the train has another purpose!!
linori10
Yes it carries your food to you!!!

Our shabu shabu lunch!!! Everyone had their own plate of meat!!!
linori36
Lookit the beef and pork…DROOL….
This place also has yakiniku and teppanyaki! However during my prebirthday dinner the night before, i already had yakiniku with some other friends so we agreed to have shabu shabu!

As there are only 30 rooms in this restaurant, usage of each room is limited to 2hrs
But dont leave right away~!
linori01

They have a gorgeous bamboo forest
linori17

And a very pretty koi pond!
linori16

Here i am standing in front of them
grease
I look extra greasy/shiny in this pic..must be all that meat i been eating hahahaha
FYI if you do visit and want to take photos in the forest..bring/wear insect repellent
I got bitten 3 times during my short time in the forest/koi pond area. XD

I highly reccomend this place to everyone!
Interested in visiting?
Here are the details… 【いろりの里】埼玉県川口市新井宿1105 TEL 048-285-2228

Thank you everyone for their birthday wishes!

p.s Its a long weekend here in Japan and i’ll be away with the husband. I dont think i’ll have access to the internet so if you dont hear back from me immediately..tats probably why. ^^ Have a great weekend my dears!!!

This entry was posted in daily life, food, travel and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

48 Responses to Irori no Sato

I would bite you if I were a bug! bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

This place looks idyllically quaint. Trains bring your food?? awwwwwwwww I couldn’t dream up that stuff.

I have a thing about bamboo forests. They look so serene to me. Perfect place for photos.

2. Sofie says:

Looks like you had a super nice time! And DROOL on all that meat… Indeed… I haven’t eaten dinner yet, I am starving now :( Damn you Yumeko! xD

Also very beautiful place and the little train is so cute! Hehe and happy belated birthday yet again! I wanted to send you something but… Well.. I don’t have your adress xD -HUGS- Miss talking to you and have a super nice weekend with the hubby!

3. XPPINKX says:

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MY SWEET!…

ahhh this place is too cute and the meat looks simply 0_0 ….this place looks amazing!!! AMAZING and the train is soooo cute i cant believe it comes by scooting your food!!! its soooooooooo cute! ahhh i want to goo…i love shabu and i love it comes in a caboose! I hope you had the best birthday yet babe…<333

4. *Kat* says:

That place looks so amazing! The food looks delicious too. I often find that the best places to eat are at mom and pop type of restaurants. The train is such a novel idea. I loved the bamboo forest too but would probably skip it since mosquitoes love me. I get attacked even if I have insect repellant on. Have fun this weekend!

*Kat*

5. Lemon Sorbet says:

Oh I love this post!!! Love the Koi Pond and the settings, really tranquil and beautiful. Shabu shabu looks so inviting and scrumptious – so elegantly presented. I would love to learn how to cook this dish.

shabu shabu is really easy to cook! u just need to get sliced meat [realy thinly sliced] or slice it urself ^^
      the soup is just water..nothing more. but after swishing it in the water [hence the name shabu shabu..its the sound it makes] u dip it in the sauce

the sauce is the part u have to make but if u dont know how to, u can buy readily made ones
      let me know if u cant find them where u are babes! i could send some over!

• Lemon Sorbet says:

Thank you so much for the info dear Yumeko. I must have a go at this dish – simple, elegant, nutritious and pure and much more to the taste buds. I need to get good quality ingredients. I would love to know how to make the sauce – there’s no Japanese shops where I live. However I have bought Japanese soy souce and nori sheets on-line.

i looked around online for you and here is an english site with a recipe for the sesame sauce

the ponzu sauce is really easy to make, its 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1 Tbsp rice vinegar and 1/3 cup dashi
          Dashi is a stock in japan made from kombu, a type of kelp. u cna probably buy the instant granules online.
          but yes let me know if u need any help! XOXO

• Lemon Sorbet says:

This is just brilliant!! Thank you!! The sesame sauce sounds so delicious. I bought a Japanese mortor from a Japanese shop in London a couple of months ago – it’s such a pleasure to use. I shall grind the toasted sesame seeds in it.
          Will definitely try and make both sauces. So looking forward to making this dish!!!! x

6. Nic says:

That is such a beautiful and interesting place…and I love the idea of train serving food…so cute…glad you had a happy birthday!!!can’t wait for your other bday posts…

7. Michelle says:

Happy belated Birthday Yumeko! This place looks awesome!

AMAZING! I want my food to be brought on a train! It’s just too cool!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaah!! You are totally right. The best restaurants aren’t always michelin starred!

Hope you have a lovely lovely time on your long-weekend with your husband! Don’t know why, but it feels like you get a lot of long weekends? I am envious!

9. Karrie says:

Wow, the restaurant is so cool.
    I love how the food comes to you by train.

10. ARES says:

omg so cute!! especially the train!!

11. MEOW says:

that restaurant is so cute! the little train idea is amazing :)

12. CinnaBunnie says:

omg everytime i read your blog, i end up hungry 😛 thanks a lot!
    jk the place is really beautiful!

13. Emyli says:

Almost in a state of shock here! I have been to this restaurant in Saitama- I sat on the first floor while the train went past. It was quite the experience. Thank you for sharing this, and happy belated birthday! :)

xx

Thank you for the belated birthday wishes ^^ you are very kind!!!
      what did u eat when u went there?? i’m hoping to go back one day and try other things ^^

what a fun place!! i especially love the part about the train :)

15. Happy belated birthday! What an awesome place to have lunch!!! That train is too adorable….

16. looks like you had very fun birthday celebrations :) I wanted to go to one of those train sushi restaurants when I was in Taipei, but I ran out of time because I was too busy working lol. Next year, I definitely want to eat there, it looks like so much fun! Have a nice weekend!

there are some of those train sushi places in japan where they are two tracks..one is a normal train, the other is a bullet train for express orders XD

17. gianger says:

awwwww!!! soooo beautifulllll, yume!!!! i’m glad you’re back safe and sound! your bday vacay looks breath taking!! so jealous of all these wonderful places you get to go to!!! miss you, bb!!!

18. kurainanimo says:

Such a splendid dining experience, thank you so much for sharing this :)

Its a pity that you only get to stay for 2 hours though, I can just imagine how nice it would be to sip tea there!

19. Julie says:

That is a cool restaurant! Looks like it was a lot of fun. Happy Birthday!

That restaurant looks SO amazing – I want to go!! I also want to go to a train-track sushi restaurant… next time, next time :)

Glad you had a fun (and delicious!) birthday! Hope this weekend is fun! Celebrate with me also – we’re going for sushi!

The scenery looks so beautiful… but I am definitely going to heed the warning about bug spray as I have NO idea what it looks like in Japan.

hope my birthday present to u arrives on time!! eeek worried it might get lost
      figures the expensive parcel is the one to take so long!! ugh!!

21. sooo cuteeeeee♥
    the bigger version of the kaiten sushi XDDDDDDD
    i think its really a grt place for train-otaku (^^;;;)

and…i didnt noe that when u eat that much meat..ur face will appear ‘oily’ (**), cause reccently my face is quite oily + i have been eating alot of beefs lately..HURRRRR (T.T)

Glad u enjoyed your birthday!!!!! *HUGS*

22. Eka says:

Wow, this has got to be your best food ‘trip’ post ever. Food delivered by a train, how cool is that?! I will definitely eat there when I visit Japan. Thank you for sharing your birthday with us. 😀

23. Tammy says:

OMG this looks like an amazing place!!!! That train is awesome..will it come to bring me food too..?? hehe!

24. Vanessa says:

Looks amazing!!!

25. erin says:

happy birthday! ^_^

26. hitomineko says:

that’s so cute! i want to go there! =) happy b-day too!

27. Calia Yang says:

i love this place!! it’s gorgeous and the train is so cool!!

28. Tracy says:

The place is really nice! Something different from the usual and that touch of the train is lovely! Hope you have a wonderful weekend…

29. annie says:

Happy belated birthday!
    The train idea is so cool! I went to one similar in Tokyo and it was a boat! The “river” was in the building so through our door we could see boats busily passing delivering food :)

cool ! do share with me the address or website of the place
      i’d looove to go there toooooo!

the mini train is so cute!! glad you have such a fun birthday celebrationsss!! 😀
    enjoy the long weekend!! :)

31. rene says:

Happy Belated Birthday! I’m sure you had a fanastic one!

I love the place! I love little eatery and restaurants like these! They just feel so different compared to poshie restaurants. However, when people start finding out and magazines, media starts to publish and give reviews about them, it gets crowded and it sometimes doesn’t feel the same anymore. Do you feel so?

Love the train that delivers the food! Does that mean that you don’t see any servers/waitress around?

yup u only see one waitress at the start who takes ur order, and she gives u a key to the private room
      but once u leave the reception area, u wont see any other staff ^^

32. kickangel says:

Omg, the place is gorgeous! I’ve always wanted to go to this kind of restaurant but I think I might get chased out because I might do something rude unknowingly. Lol. These places don’t have English menu though, do they? :( My Japanese is full of fail, especially when it comes to reading kanji. Sigh.

they dont have an english menu but dont worry, there are enough pictures for the set meals anyway
      the normal courses, i dont think there is but the set meal is more worthwhile HTH!!!

33. Lora says:

looks like you had a super relaxing birthday getaway, yumeko! :)

34. What a fun place! It looks so delish and so peaceful walking in all the bamboo!

35. Eva says:

that’s soo cool i wanna go to that some day!

36. Nat says:

WOW! That’s such an interesting concept of having the train bringing the food to you! How neat!

37. yumiko says:

HI HI. wow that’s a really peaceful place to visit in japan. love your photos and your blogs.

thank you for visiting~ i hope to show everyone how someone in japan lives and not all abt the tourist areas ^^