Fukuoka: Canal City Hakata + New hair color!

Its November! Where did all that time go? XD
I’m so behind on blog posts hahah
Here is more from my trip to Fukuoka a month ago.
canal-1
Canal City Hakata in Fukuoka
This is a large shopping complex in Fukuoka.
FYI Fukuoka is about 2hrs via airplane from Tokyo.

There is a lot to see/buy here!
Ultraman store
canal-14
Are you familiar with ultraman?

JUMP Store
canal-15
JUMP is the publishing company that publishes manga/anime like BLEACH, NARUTO, GINTAMA etc etc

There is a moomin stand there that sells bubble tea aka boba aka pearl tea aka whatever you wanna call it XD
canal-11

Its next to the moomin store.
canal-12

Where the moomin cafe is!
canal-13

There is a Samantha Thavasa here as well with a Samantha Thavasa Sweets store.
canal-8

And for the MUJI lovers who read my blog [i know there are a few of you] There is a Cafe Muji here
canal-5

And a HUGE Muji as well. They had some cute displays instore.
canal-6

Hungry? There is a ramen stadium here [will be covered in a different blog post]
canal-4

So why is it called Canal City?
Well there is a canal that runs through it XD
canal-2

There is a fountain and music show every hour
canal-9

I thought it was pretty good!
canal-10
Website: http://www.canalcity.co.jp/

In more current news [though completely unimportant and quite pointlesss], i got my hair done last week
IMG_5027
yup i am officially sporting a darker color for the season XD
[its the darkest i have had it in a very long time]
Dont mind the stupid pose i am doing. I was doing this weirdo flash dance thing when my pic got taken.

[widgets]

This entry was posted in daily life, holiday, shopping, travel. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Fukuoka: Canal City Hakata + New hair color!

Oh!! You know when I went to Japan my sister really wanted
    Me to visit this mall to see the light:water show because it was featured on the Discovery network… But she couldn’t remember what it was called! I’ll have to show her this post and come here next time haha.

I love the new hair colour! And your curls are gorgeous!

2. Tessa says:

Thank you for shedding light on this mall!

I’m grateful that you take time to show a personal review even of these ‘popular’ tourist spots since it is easy to get overwhelmed by official promotions of the place.

Looking forward to the ramen post! If it is possible, could you do a quick comparison with the museum in Yokohama? Thanks!

3. Enon_enen says:

Nice color! I just change my hair color too…. wayyyyyyyy darker than yours… lol!!

Wowwww such a pretty setting for a shopping mall!!!! :D

Oh me and bf went to the biggest muji in the world (we thought it was anyway)!! And there was a muji cafe there tooo :)

Ahahaha you are so cute! Flash dancing around!

hahahah is this one in yurakucho near ginza? its supposedly the biggest one in honshu [main island of japan]
      the one i went to is the biggest in kyushu [island that fukuoka is on]

5. Kat says:

You go to the most interesting places! Thank you for always posting about them. I can travel through Japan via your travels.
    Muji was one of the stores that I didn’t get to see in Japan. I didn’t even see one when we were traveling around.

Love your new hair color!

ahreally? i tend to think they are everywhere or maybe i just think tat haha
      i dont actually buy a lot from them

love the hair color! and moomin is so cute xD after seeing it on yasumi’s blog I almost died.

7. Lucy Yelding says:

I looove your new hair! I am actually wearing a red lip for the first time ever, for winter! ahaha :D My boyfriend said to change my hair to darker but I can’t bare to get rid of my blonde hair~
    This town looks amazing~ I would love to go to one of the cafes and watch the canal for hours :D ahah

8. shinyprettythings says:

Bwahahahaha muji cafe again. The one I went to didn’t hv one.

Ahh another wannabe bellagio fountain lol it looks way better than the Sunshine City one tho ^0^

Muji Cafe, how cool! Can’t wait for ramen stadium, sounds like something from Iron Chef!

10. Kelsey says:

Love the color!!!!! I think it suits you~~~and your travel photos are always wonderful!