Fukuoka: Hakataya Waffles

Another Fukuoka-related post [i will finish them at some point in time XD]
I posted some pics of the offerings from this store on instagram when i was in Fukuoka and it was one of the highest commented on photo so i thought i would blog abt it.
waffle-11
Hatakataya Waffles!

Here is the store in Hakata station [in Fukuoka]
waffle-3

They have tons of waffles and prices start at 150yen each [USD$1.70~]
waffle-4

There are those which are non prepackaged as well!
waffle-5

These are coated with chocolate! [cost a wee more]
waffle-7

Lookit all the flavors available
waffle-8

We bought a huge box home XD
waffle-14

Lookit the full list of flavors available!
waffle-12

Here are the prepacked ones we got
waffle-16

Here is the awesome green tea one i got [coated in green tea white chocolate]
waffle-10

There are 3 stores in Fukuoka [Tenjin Station, Hakata Station, Konoha Mall]
waffle-13
Website: http://hakataya-waffles.jp/

In other news, i am caught up in a house organizing frenzy lol
I have a horribly messy cupboard that i keep my sewing bits and bobs in
Its one of those cupboards without doors [like shelves etc] so i figured it was time to replace the ugly cardboard boxes with proper baskets XD
case-3

I’m trying to decide between the hot pink, brown and white baskets.
The white ones would show up brillantly on the dark brown cupboard.
The brown ones are identical in color to the cupboard which makes it matchy matchy
The hot pink ones..well..come on..its hot pink lol [but if i dont like hot pink in the long run?]
case-1
So which ones do you think i should buy?
[i'm assuming there will be a landslide vote margin for hotpink lol]

Have a GREAT weekend!
[widgets]

This entry was posted in food, holiday. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Fukuoka: Hakataya Waffles

Those baskets are pretty!! I love hot pink but I vote for the brown because if you change the colour scheme later the shelve will still match whatever new colour you pick :)

And now I want waffles :P

2. kimby says:

white! for a nice modern duo chromatic look. you said your furniture is brown right? so i guess hot pink if you feel like semi-color blocking a bit?gives it a nice pop. brown if you are looking for something i guess sleeker? so, as if the baskets aren’t really there so it looks like there is more space.but if your items are of bright colors then it defeats the purpose

3. Leslie says:

I vote for white! White/brown is a pretty timeless combination, I feel (also maybe can be used for other things?)

And the waffles look SO AMAZING I’m hungry now

4. So many waffles! I would want to try them all!!! >w<

5. Tessa says:

The waffles look so good ~~

Hmm I’d say just get the baskets in every colour and mix and match~~

6. Petitez says:

White baskets! :)
    The waffles look so yummy! Reminds me of Belgium waffles! ;)

7. lfcorner says:

I vote for the white one! Have to show us photos for the finish product later!
    Have a great weekend!

8. Nursham says:

I vote for white too! It’s easy to match other things with white combo. So many delicious choices in the waffle shop. I specifically in love with the one coated with chocolate!

I like the pink! My second choice would be brown.
    Those waffles look yummy!

10. Kelsey says:

I would pick the pink or brown cause the white would show dirt faster. I love them all though! I need to organize myself!!!

11. micchan says:

wow so many yummy flavours :)

in terms of what colour : depends on what your decor is like. If you choose brown, it will all blend in with your cupboards, but at the same time may be very ‘dark’ b/c the cupboards and the baskets will all be brown. I think white/cream is a nice, neutral, and ‘clean look’ choice. I can’t imagine it getting that dirty as it’s just you thats using them to store your items. It’s not like they’re being used in a kindergarten class ;) Hot pink is nice/cute, but if you want to change up your decor later on, it might be more difficult to match with hot pink

have fun organizing :)

WAFFFFLEEESSS!!! LOOKS SO GOOD!

EEEEE STORAGE. I looooove storage of course (you know this already). For me it would be a toss up between dark brown and the white… I think I’d be tempted to go for the brown because it is matchy and matchy and will look neater! Is there an option for a lighter brown? or like,.. a cream? I think that would be ideal xD

13. terry says:

white matches brown perfectly and its timeless :)

14. Laura says:

There was a store selling waffles at the Kyoto station as well, and they were amazing. The BF wasn’t impressed with its chewy/non crispy texture, but I love how doughy it feels (ahh beloved carbs) and how thick the chocolate was? The waffle craze hasn’t spread to the rest of asia (don’t see these in HK/SG), so I’m really hoping these waffle stores come over quick!

By the way, this is my personal opinion, but I think the hot pink will grate/make you feel stressful (esp when you come home after a long day at work) in the long run… But you should go with your gut feeling in any case :)))

15. ani says:

i think brown would be nice, its normal looking..

16. I would vote white … makes nice contrast to your brown cupboard ^^ Ahhh, the wafles, omg/….. SO MANY CHOICES!! And they all sound so good :D