During my 2 week road trip in Sapporo, i spent two nights in Sapporo City!
ra-11
Many people post the touristy locations of Sapporo but i thought it would be nice to talk about the city too!

For dinner, i dropped into the Sapporo Ramen Yokocho!
ra-1
FYI this is where Miso Ramen was invented.

It used to be a long alley with many ramen shops. However it is now surrounded by many other buildings.
Here is how the entry way looks like…
ra-2

Dont worry, the old ramen shops are still here [many were here before i was born]
ra-3

The store i went
ra-4
味一番つばさ

The menu
ra-5

Everything is made to order [of course!]
ra-7

What i had
ra-8
Miso Ramen [this is the store’s speciality]
It was crazy good. One of the best i ever eaten. It didnt taste anything like miso ramen i had before though XD but it was really good
Perhaps this is how it should taste like?

What the husband had
ra-9
Butter Corn Ramen [might sound weird but butter corn ramen is a speciality from hokkaido]

Gyoza
ra-10
Ramen Yokocho Website [includes directions and map in several languages] http://www.ganso-yokocho.com/

After dinner, we went walking to work off the food XD
ra-13

Super long shopping street
ra-14

Loads to look at and buy XD
ra-19

And if u are too cold [like i was XD] you could go shopping underground! there is a huge underground mall right there.
ra-18

After all that shopping, we picked up something special to eat at the hotel
ra-22

Its a fairly famous item from Sapporo [actually i think so, cos i saw it on a tv show about sapporo hahahaha]
ra-24
侍のプリン ザ・プレミアム [Samurai Pudding, The Premium]

I bought the premium version but there is an ordinary version too.
This is made with the local premium hokkaido milk, eggs and cream!
ra-25
I cant remember how much but it was something like 825yen or so [almost USD$10] each
It seems kinda crazy pricey now that i think about it hahahahahah

In my defence, you totally get to keep the glass it comes in which doubles as a measuring cup. Its made specially by IWAKI too [its like pyrex in Japan. Fairly expensive. So u are sorta paying for the glass..right? XD]
ra-26
And oh yah, its pretty damm tasty XD
Website: http://www.purin-honpo.com/

If you get the chance, spend sometime in Sapporo City!
ra-20
Happy Travels!

This entry was posted in food, holiday, shopping, travel. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Hokkaido: A night in Sapporo City + Sapporo Ramen Yokocho + Purin Honpo Samurai Pudding

1. @adesabrina says:

the pudding looks so good! :D

it was! they deliver within japan so u can ask ur friend to order it for you when u visit ^^

2. dinaxyyan says:

I just went there less than 2 weeks ago! Hokkaido’s desserts are all really good, I really miss them now :D

3. Sabrina says:

Oh I really wanna go to Hokkaido one day. Those pictures make me wanna go there so much more~ .:3

And those Ramen look so yummy~ Want to try them <3

4. Tessa says:

Ohhh how I miss travelling around Hokkaido..

Do you still have more posts on Hokkaido coming up :D?

Hehe the pudding looks like chawanmushi!

i was there for 2 weeks so i think i will do a few more posts :D
      the pudding was REALLY good! it was on himitsu kenmin!

5. Jennifer says:

oh i miss shopping in JP!! The underground streets and malls are fantastic hideout from the cold and rain, and heat XD

ramen street <3 i love gyoza!!

6. Kai says:

That pic you got with the COSMO sign to the right, I was actually in there two weekends ago because i got lost trying to find the Ikeuchizone building, and it was too damned cold to wander around lost outside. Went down into Pole Town to try to find the building (or the building near it) without freezing my butt off, only to get my head completely turned around in the underground mall with the twenty bajillion exits. x___x

Right now is perfect time to be in japan to boot, so much sales and deals. I bought a ton of stuff at 30-50% off hehe. :D

its always a good time to be in japan! [ok i am biased hahaha]
      glad u had a good time in the end!!!!

7. Leslie says:

OMG everything looks amazing! I want to eat everything now! Thanks for the post~

8. Anna says:

I would take a week off from everything and just eat all the glorious Sapporo ramen – for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and midnight snack. OMG, I’m dying to get my hands on authentic Japanese ramen again. Your post’s got me hungry and crying lol

i tried that in fukuoka and omggg i had to stop eating ramen for a month after hahahahah
      hope u get some soon!

9. Bellyhead says:

Ah! Miso Ramen is my favorite! That looks so delicious and amazing.

10. Sweetcloud says:

I love all your travel posts! I’m planning to go road tripping one day in Japan when I have the chance, and I’ll make sure to check out all your entries to prepare an itinary :D

11. kit says:

Ooh, Miso Ramen!!…It’s my favorite. Will definitely try to visit that shop if I ever visit Sapporo again.

I wish I’d done more shopping in Hokkaido- I didn’t even know about the underground mall!