Do you remember my last Japan travel tip?
I found out one could get free wifi in selected Seven-Eleven convenience stores, Seibu department stores [SOGO too] and Dennys restaurants.
You can read about it here

Today’s tip comes from the lovely Jian.
Turns out certain Starbucks in Japan does have free wifi.
Only thing is, you will have to register online prior [ie use internet access somewhere else first like..uh at home? before your trip?]

Here is the link to their webpage.

The sign up form is here [available in English and Japanese]

And because i feel weird doing a post with no pictures, here is a random shot of Starbucks
IMG_7348
The LE sakura flavoured drinks at Starbucks! During this time, the cups are printed with sakura flowers as well ^_^¬†They are usually sold around right after Valentine’s Day and is around for a month. Yes only a month! Me and a friend went to Starbucks on the 17th March and poof! Everything was already gone. D:

For those new to my blog, i also have a shopping/restaurant guide of sorts
You can find it HERE

Happy Travels!

This entry was posted in TravelTipsFor Japan. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Japan Tokyo Travel Guide: How to access free wifi in Japan Part 2 – Starbucks Edition

1. Cindy says:

I was in Tokyo from 3rd March till 9 March and the LE Sakura drinks are already gone by then!!! =C

oh really? i know some places sold out early but i was still able to get a cup around then [i was in matsumoto but they had plenty!]

2. ani says:

thanks for the tip! btw, what do the sakura flavoured coffee things (i dont knw what drink they are) taste like?

these are sakura white hot chocolate. not coffee in them ^^ i dont know how to explain how they taste like honestly

3. Tessa says:

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Don’t post it or soon enough starbucks would be hogged by ….

HAHA JUST KIDDING :D

4. birkie says:

finding free internet while travelling is almost essential…the code is a bit iffy, though. That sakura coffee really would be another excuse to visit Japan one day during valentine

5. That LE sakura flavoured drink looks lovely. I wonder how it taste like.

6. Anna says:

Thanks so much for sharing, love, I registered for when I come to Japan next year. And thanks to your post and the comments, I know exactly WHEN to come – right when they start serving the sakura flavours. Now, is it rather cold in late February and do the cherry trees actually bloom? Cuz I want the whole package: the beverage AND the show! Also, do you know for how long I can keep the WiFi account cuz it said ‘temporary registration’ on the website?

its still winter in late. spring does not start till 3rd week of march ^^
      the sakura trees dont tend to bloom till last week of march or 1st week of april
      they are early this year hence in full bloom now at the 3rd week of march but last yr they didnt go into full bloom till 2nd week of april [around 10th]
      not sure how long u can keep the acct, best to register just before you get here ^^

My moment of fame!!! I am on Capy’s blog! Bwahaha…
    I didn’t know about the free wifi in Seibu and selected 711s!