My Fave Beauty Buys of 2013

Happy New Year 2014!!
IMG_2450
Osechi i made this year

Wow, its the 2nd week of the new year! Happy new year 2014 everyone!
As per tradition, first post of the year will be the beauty buys roundup for the year before ^^

Fave Foundation/Powder of the Year
bestof2013-11
HERA CC Cream
A friend [mish] got me this and i adore it! The consistency is just right [unlike certain high end cc creams i have tried which are too thick and dry] and i do feel that its got a good effect on my skin.
bestof2013-10
24hr Cosme Powder
Has replaced my usual HG powder aka MUFE DUO MAT. High coverage. Very long lasting.
Last year’s Winner
cover-3
Covergirl OLAY

Fave lip product of the year
bestof2013-4
ADDICTION
I bought quite a lot of addiction products in 2013 but i thought i show the two colors i wore most of the year. 2013 was a year of oompa loompa orange lippies and vampy burnt plums for me.
Other fave buys of the year include:
bestof2013-6
Tony Moly Lip Master
Similar in idea to the YSL versions but not anywhere as pigmented. I like them quite a lot though.
Last year’s winner
butter-1
Revlon Lip Butters

Fave blush of the year
bestof2013-5
ADDICTION CHEEK STICK
I had three of these but i never used them. However thanks to advice from a really famous MUA [Hello Larry!] i was able to finally understand how to best use them. I ended up buying quite a few more sticks this year.
Last year’s winner
mm-1
Majolica Majorca Cream de Cheek

Fave palette of the year
This year i wore a lot of eye shadow sticks [far more than eyeshadow palettes]
bestof2013-1
I bought every brand possible [Eg. NYX,NARS,LUNASOL,MUFE,SEPHORA,BYS,INNISFREE,ETUDE HOUSE,PERIPERA you name it]
My favourite so far are the ones from sephora. I’ll do a full blog post if anyone is interested
And if i have to absolutely choose a winner….
chichi-1
RICH GEMS by CHICHI Australia
Not the most amazing quality but i loved the colors in this palette. 2013 was a year of bright eyes for me and this worked out really well.
Last year’s winner
NUTS-4
Urban Decay NAKED II

Fave Facewash/Makeup Remover of the year
bestof2013-2
The FACE SHOP HERB DAY 365 Cleansing Foam
I would not say this was the best face wash i ever used but possibly the best cleansing item i bought in the year 2013. [My HGs remain the same so i would not recommend this over them.]  The price point is low and it works well enough.
Last year’s winner
NUTS-5
Orbis Cleansing Gel [HG status]

Fave new MUST-have Makeup product of the year
bestof2013-3
KORRES Quertin and Oak Face Primer
I finally started wearing primer this year on a daily basis. I tried a few and this was the one that came up on top [Elizabeth Arden Beauty Balm is a close second. thanks to Midgey for giving me a deluxe sample of that] Any face primer suggestions?
Last year’s winner
IMG_6350
KATE eyebrow mascara

Fave new MUST-have Skincare
bestof2013-1
Nature Republic ESCA Recover Skincare Range
My current skincare range for winter this year. I have finished one entire set and i am loving the effects. Am definitely repurchasing.
Last year’s winner
lotionbar-22
Homemade Lotion Bars

And my FAVE beauty brand of the year ie what i bought most from
bestof2013-3
CLIO
I wanted to say ADDICTION but i have been buying their stuff regularly over the past few years so i thought it was not the best pick. So for 2013, it was honestly a tie between Nature Republic and Clio. That was until i went to Korea in October and visited an actual Clio store. They had the Club Clio range [hard to find online sometimes] and the quality is amazing [think of it like the black label range or pro range] I am very impressed. Will be getting more.
Last year’s winner
NUTS-2
KORRES – Quercetin & Oak Range

There you have it, my small little roundup of things i bought/tried for the year which i really adored.
What has been your fave buy of the year 2013? Have you tried any of the items i tried? Do you like them or dislike them?

Happy New Year 2014!

p.s you can see the previous ranking posts as below
2012
2011
2010
2009

Wow has it been FOUR years? Thanks for being there! XOXO

This entry was posted in holiday, makeup, review. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to My Fave Beauty Buys of 2013

1. shinyprettythings says:

Yesssss Clio was my fave this yr. now I am obsessed w colored pencil liners XD

2. Mariko says:

Great, now I have more items for my list! I have a couple of the Clio gelpresso eye liners, and I like them a lot! Happy New Year!

3. ali says:

i always look forward to these posts at the start of the year! every year i pick things out from your list to try & always end up loving them keke this year i think i’m gonna have to try the cc cream & the nature republic skincare range!

thank you for always taking the time to do up a favorites list each year!

yes!! def try those items out! i think u will like them! we tend to like similar things i notice!!

4. kawaii_candie says:

hi! i just randomly found your blog recently, and i’m also a makeup-whore who lives in Japan (lol)

i’ve never heard of Clio or Addiction before. they’re korean brands? where do you buy them? in shin-okubo? i’ll have to try some of these things out!!

Addiction is a japanese brand developed by Ayako-san who used to work at NARS.
      The brand is only sold in department stores [its a counter brand not a drugstore brand]

Clio is korean and i buy it online from gmarket or when i travel to korea. hope it helps!!!

• kawaii_candie says:

i see! yeah, thanks ^_^

i’ve never noticed addiction before, but i’ll admit it’s been a while since i strolled through a dept. store’s make up section… i’ll have to go have a look!

5. Julie says:

I haven’t tried any of your favorites, but I definitely want to get some Clio and Addiction products when I get a chance! 2013 has been a year of cleansing micellar water and lip crayons for me.

i highly reccomend addiction and clio!!
      ooh i’ll have to check out your reccomendations for lip crayons!!!

6. Marife Floriano says:

Hi,

Have you posted the Homemade Lotion Bars tutorial??

7. b. says:

Hi!

Would you mind sharing the tip on how to use the Cheek Stick? :)

b.

8. Jenn says:

Just found the Clio store here. Will have to take a closer look at the Club Clio line next time I’m there :D

9. cynthia says:

please do a sephora review! I just bought an NYX eyeshadow stick and thought it was pretty good … but if I can get more points at Sephora, so be it. :)

oh oh i think the sephora is excellent but nyx has a place too since its so cheap esp with sales! i will do a review for u!!!

10. joyC says:

Ohh! Can you do a review on the Clio Kill Cover range?
    They claim to be highly pigmented so I am really tempted! thanks!

11. Coffeecube says:

*O*!! Nice! I recently got into CLIO as well, though it was in Taiwan and the selection was very small ;w;

I saw your pictures from your Korea trip too! The Club Clio store looks so nice, I want to go~~ >w<